Department & Location: Technology, London
Reporting to: Quality Assurance Lead
Travel required: Yes - according to client's needs
Spindrift is looking for an enthusiastic Quality Assurance (Test) Consultant to join the Spindrift QA Team. We are looking for someone who has a blend of technical and consulting skills, is self-motivated, responsible, eager to learn, takes the initiative and drives tasks to completion.
From project kick-off to final delivery, as a Senior QA Consultant, you will be responsible for test requirements analysis, manual test planning, scripting, execution and reporting activities on client engagements. You will work with Spindrift teams (QA, developers, business analysts, project managers, etc.) and, where applicable, with client teams to ensure that business and technical solutions are delivered to the client’s satisfaction and meet the high-quality standards expected of Spindrift’s services and products.
The flexibility to travel to customer sites and our offices worldwide is a key requirement of this position.
As a Senior QA Consultant, you will be working on-site and remotely with development, implementation and deployment of Oracle Commerce applications on customer sites alongside other Spindrift consultants. You will provide Spindrift customers with hands-on project consultancy services related to assuring the quality of their Oracle platform solutions (Oracle Commerce, Oracle Sales Cloud, etc.) and ensuring the delivery of feature-rich customer-experience-driven websites.
Your role will include, but not be limited to, the following activities: conducting presentations and/or workshops on Quality Assurance to clients; defining test strategies comprising a number of targeted test services that help implementation teams to deliver high quality solutions; the production of accurate estimates of the testing effort required in order to deliver a project and its individual features; hands-on test execution of delivered features; reporting of test results and logging of defect reports; mentoring, training and supporting new or less experienced Spindrift colleagues as well as customer teams on best practices in Quality Assurance; providing Quality Assurances services and solutions to internal Spindrift initiatives such as Spindrift Site Builder, Spindrift Momentum, etc.
Experience, Skills and Qualities Required
Essential personal qualities:
- A passion for testing!
- Good time management
- Confident presentation skills
- Good listening skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Respectful and diplomatic
- Good team player
- Can work independently
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Ability to exercise initiative.
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Willingness to travel both within the UK and abroad to client sites/conferences/etc.
- 5-10 years’ hands-on experience in manual software testing in a variety of roles and projects
- Educated to Bachelors degree level in a technical subject, or equivalent experience.
Proficient in applying knowledge of:
- The principles, terminology, techniques and best practices of functional software testing.
- Oracle Commerce (ATG), its main components (BCC, CSC, etc.), business processes and platform architectures.
- JIRA project management tool
- Testing the different integration systems, such as IBM BPM IID, World Pay, Salesforce, Oracle Product Information Management systems, Syncreon, etc.
- Test case scripting standards (content and format).
- Defect reporting standards (content and format).
- Manual web UI testing.
- Middleware testing, involving XML message testing through different integrated systems via Postman, SOAPUI, etc.
- Continuous Integration principles and common tools (e.g. Jenkins / Bamboo).
- Writing the test cases using the Gherkin language syntax.
- Databases and SQL.
- Agile methodologies and the corresponding activities – daily scrum calls, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, etc. – and Quality Assurance practices (knowledge of other methodologies is also an advantage).
Sufficient experience to accomplish most standard activities in this area:
- Linux and Windows CLIs and common commands.
- Microsoft Office tools suite (Word, Excel, etc.) or equivalent Mac/Open-Source tools.
- Supporting cross-functional testing teams
- Production support activities
The skills and experience they need to have
|Educated to Bachelors degree level in a technical subject||
How to apply
Are you who we’re looking for? If so, attach your latest CV and tell us a bit about yourself and why you want to become a Spindrifter.
If you’re a recruitment agency then please don’t call or email. We have trained professionals who enjoy finding talented people. If they need your help, they will be in touch.