SEARCH & BROWSE
- Grids: Grid based flexible HTML structure provides maximum flexibility.
- HTML: HTML5 validated structure
- CSS: Flexible CSS3 structure
- Build-kit: Full HTML kit of the entire site, optimised for easy customisation.
- Search bar: Captures search terms from customers. Autosuggest search terms as you type.
- Welcome message: Welcomes customers when logged in, asks them login if they’re not.
- Mini basket: Shows number of items in basket expands to show more detail.
- Wishlist: Links to customer’s wishlist.
- Navigation menu: Top menu items generate flyouts with sub items. Provides 3-level deep layout capability.
- Flyout with links: Every flyout contains a list of items, which generate a sub-flyout. These contain a set of links to sub items and are organised in groups. Links to pages, categories, products, offers, brands or fixed internal/external URLs are all possible. For example, a product with a flyout contains top categories and a sub-flyout, where the customer can browse by brand, promotion or subcategory.
- Imagery: Displays brand, security logos, accepted cards etc.
- Social: Links to Facebook page, Twitter account, ‘like’ etc.
LANDING PAGES (home, category, promotion)
- Breadcrumb: Breadcrumbs let the customer know where they are in the website hierarchy.
- Multifunctional banner: Banners can be configured to rotate and can contain a mixture of imagery, products, categories and offers.
- Featured categories: A configurable list of subcategories.
- Featured products: A configurable list of featured products.
- Featured brands: A configurable list of featured brands.
- Best selling products: A generated list of best selling products.
- Latest products: A generated list of latest products.
- Top rated products: A generated list of top rated products.
- Advertorials: Allocated spaces for advertisements of any kind.
- Category navigation: The ability for the customer to browse the category structure of the website.
- Faceted navigation: Filters the given products list to only those matching the facet values. For example, filter by ‘under £50’ & ‘4 star rating’ & ‘Blue’. Available facets are driven by available product information and business configuration.
- Clearance of facets: Allows the customer to clear all or selected facet filters at any time.
- Product sort: Allows customers to sort by: newest, most popular, price ascending, price descending and rating.
- Product pagination: Allows customer to browse through multiple product listings.
- Product view: Shows products name, image, rating and price.
- Product badges: Shows products as being ‘new’ or ‘on offer’.
- Quick view: Show more product details in a ‘light box’.
- Product information: Display product details such as Name, Price, Features, Description, etc.
- Product specification: Name value pairs, icons.
- Product price: Including was, now, save and (discount) pricing.
- Inventory: Shows in-stock, out-of-stock or available to pre-order items.
- Delivery information: Available delivery options.
- Returns information: Text that indicates the return process.
- Product images: Main image, alternative images (gallery), enlarge image, zoom image.
- SKU selection: Selecting a SKU based on its differentiating factor(s) within a product such as colour and size.
- Keyword search: Searching the full search index (comprised of products and other indexed information) via a keyword and returning the results.
- Smart algorithm: A configurable algorithm that will determine which results are returned and the order.
- Autosuggest: Suggesting keywords to customers as they type.
- Synonyms: Business user managed lists of terms that return equal results.
- Redirects: Allowing business users to define certain keywords to redirect to landing pages rather then search results.
- Compare selection: Comparison functionality is available, which allows customers to compare up to 4 products.
- Product images: The ability to select and de-select products on the list page so that they can be compared.
- Comparison: Side-by-side product comparison of all products features.
RATINGS & REVIEWS
- Product rating: Display of ratings and the number of reviews wherever product information is shown.
- Reviews: Display of all customer reviews (from a third party) against a product. Reviews can either be generic or in relation to specific attributes of a product such as ‘softness’ for mattresses.
- Write a review: Ability for customers to rate a product and write a review about it (through third party software).
- Sharing: Sharing a page, product, brand or promotion through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+.
- Facebook optimisation: Tagging of pages and contents according to Open Graph specification.
LOGIN & REGISTER
- Login & Logout: Allows customers to login and out of the website.
- Register: Allows customers to register for an account.
- Post purchase registration: Allows customers to register after a purchase; storing all details they have entered during checkout.
- Capture details: The system updates and captures further customer details during checkout if those are not already present.
- Personal information: Customers can change their personal details such as First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, etc.
- Account information: Customer can change the password to their account.
- Address book: Storing of multiple deliveries and/or billing addresses in an address book that can be used during checkout.
- Newsletter subscriptions: Shows various newsletter subscription and provides the option to opt-in or opt-out.
- Add to / create wishlist: Adding products to existing or new wishlist.
- View wishlist: Allows customer to view the products on the wishlist.
- Delete lists: Deleting wishlist.
- Order history: A full history of previously placed orders.
- Add to basket: Adding of SKUs to the basket.
- Change quantity: Modify the quantity of SKUs in the basket
- Remove from basket: Removing one or more SKUs from the basket.
- Pricing calculation: Calculation of the total price inclusive of delivery charge minus any discounts through promotions.
- Home delivery: Allows customers to select for items to be sent to an address. They can use existing addresses through the address book or enter a new address. Customers are informed of delivery time and price upon selection.
- Pickup from store: Allows a customer to select a store to pickup from using the store finder (via city selection, postcode or GPS), store details (location, opening times, facilities etc). Customers are informed of delivery time and price upon selection.
- Order splitting: Split orders into multiple delivery groups when items cannot be delivered via the same method, or when customers want to split one one or more SKUs so they are delivered to different addresses.
- Payment methods: Pay via credit and debit card.
- PCI compliance: Processing of credit card data in a pci compliant environment.
- Fraud check: Sending of order information to a third party fraud check system and receive back authority to proceed.
- Send order: Send the order information to a third party system for processing.
MARKETING & BUSINESS TOOLS
- Product hierarchy: Create, edit, delete and link categories, map products to categories.
- Prices: Create, edit and delete price lists.
- Promotions: Create, edit and delete promotions.
- Cross-sells: Link products as a cross-sell option.
- Up-sells: Link product as an up-sell option.
- Bundles: Combine products into a single product with its own price.
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE MANAGEMENT (Spindrift Site Builder)
- Site management: Create, edit and delete sites.
- Page management: Create, edit and delete pages and assign blocks to pages.
- UI management: Manage the look and feel of the site using: grids, blocks, tiles and CSS.
- Media management: Images, video, 360 images, image transformation, dynamic imagery.
- Preview / staging: Preview content before publishing.
- URL management: Manage all URLs for all assets on individual sites and multi-site groups. Configure URLs to display specific content (pages, product, categories etc), redirect to another URL or generate a “404 error” message. Schedule URLs to display different content at different times, including Site Builder pages. Preview URLs on the live site using the Site Map tab.
- Affiliate feeds: Feed with all products, promotions and links.
- Tracking and reporting: Track affiliates’ sales and provides reports of sales.
- Affiliate management: Setup and remove affiliates.
- Coupons: Create coupons and link to promotions.
- Newsletters: Newsletter signup.
- Google Analytics: Track visitors and transactions.
- Adobe Site Catalyst: Track visitors and transactions.
- Registration email: Welcome email containing account details.
- Order confirmation: Confirmation of order, containing all details.
- Order status updates: Updates of new order status.
- Password reset email: Customers who have forgotten to have reset their password will be notified via email.
- SEO friendly HTML: HTML structure that can be easily crawled by search engines.
- Meta-tags: Business managed meta-tags for pages.
- Customisable URLs: Business managed friendly URLs.
- Site maps: Automatic site map creation for search engines.
- Product management: Create, edit and delete products & SKUs
- Inventory management: Set thresholds for: in-stock, out-of-stock, pre-order.
- Customer management: Search customers, view customer details, edit customer details.
- Order management: Search orders, view order details, order amends, order cancellations, order returns and order creation.
- Store management: Create, update and delete store information such as name, description, geo-location and opening hours.
- Segment management
- Customer management: Create, edit and delete customer segments using rules.
- Customer targeting: Target customers with specific content.
- Multi-language: Support for multiple languages.
- Multi-currency: Support for multiple currencies.
MULTI-SITE & MULTI-CHANNEL
- Device recognition: Recognition of device, device family and properties (i.e. desktop, mobile, tablet).
- Mobile Web: Mobile browser friendly version of the website.
- Brand site: Ability to create a separate site with the same functions but with different branding.
- Device site: Ability to create a separate site with same functions and content but optimised for a different device.
- Country site: Ability to create a separate site with the same functions but configured to support a different country.